Atlas of Regional Divisions in Sweden, 1992Maps for each county with Parishes 1992-01-01 and Localities (urban areas) 1990, and A-regions, and Name lists.
These map images were scanned from the printed book, GIF 150 dpi. In 1985/1992 the maps were drawn by hand, not using GIS.
Click on thumb nail images below to get larger map images. You can change view in them using scroll bars.
- or use links to each county ("län" in Swedish). Pages with parish maps first, then localities:
Copyright: Statistics Sweden and Lantmäteriet Kartcentrum (National Land Survey).
If you want to use these maps in publications, please contact: email@example.com
- Tip 1. To find location for..., see Where is? -, locality, parish or Map search and place names, Lantmäteriet
- Tip 2. Statistics: Municipalities, parishes, 1992 (483kb, in Swedish) and Localities 1990 (365kb, in Swedish), see also Statistical database, SCB.
- Tip 3. For use in GIS, we have coordinate files for sale: Localities, SCB and Maps and geographic information, Lantmäteriet
- Tip 4. For more recent maps, see: SCB's Geostatistical data (in Swedish at present) and Lantmäteriet
Note: From year 2000 many parishes have been merged to larger parish units.
Scanning and web application made by: SCB, RM/MN, att. Bo Justusson